I don’t know about you, but I’ve had a long week. Getting used to being back at work and taking care of sick kids will do that to ya. So, I wanted to share 5 things that helped make my week a little sunnier…some serious and some not so serious, but all good for my spirits this week. So here they are in no particular order:
1. Oh how I wish that I had the moves these kids have! Then perhaps I could go to the Argentinian restaurant around the corner from my apartment and take part in the weekly tango night we were invited to without totally embarrassing myself. A girl can dream!
2. So, I may not have any latin heritage to help with my dancing rhythm, but I do actually have some Greek heritage. You would never know it to look at me, but the genes are strong in my taste buds. On my Mom’s side of the family it’s pretty much the family motto that feta makes everything better. So my taste buds (and those of the hubby and kids as well) were definitely happy when I made this delicious Feta Chicken and Vegetables for dinner last night. Delicious, healthy, and very easy to make! I definitely recommend you try it for yourself.
3. JJ Heller’s sweet song and video “I Dream of You” melts my heart. I may have boys instead of girls, but oh the dreams every mom has for and of their child!
4. I loved Shauna Niquist’s post this week entitled Laundry & Love Stories. I am definitely a task oriented person and when life gets stressful I tend to rely on completed tasks around the house in order to feel accomplished and at peace. This is a great reminder from Shauna that “cooking and cleaning never built a marriage. But listening and memory-making and looking each other in the eye will.” Thanks Shauna, I needed that.
5. And finally, for a good laugh, you definitely need to check out Emma Stone and Jimmy Fallon’s lip sync battle from The Tonight Show. Who knew that it was possible to possess so much lip syncing talent?
So, those are some of the things that helped brighten up my week. What about you? Have anything precious, thought provoking, yummy, or funny to share?